Saturday Jul 23, 2022
Saturday Jul 23, 2022
Karina Machado welcomes Ash Perrow. Ash is an Australian musician, and creative freedom coach. In 2016, Ash had a near death experience (NDE) following complications from back surgery. He experienced leaving his body and returned to it with the awareness that he was permitted to stay ‘for the work that he does and to walk the planet from his heart’.
Since then, he has been exploring the barriers to being our truest version of ourselves and helping others to do the same. Along this path, he left his teaching job and returned to writing, sharing and performing music, as well as engaging in deep personal work to discover what prevents us from living a life from the heart.
Ash is passionate about helping people to create a life they love, as you’re about to discover.
As Ash unspooled his story, our conversation branched out in a number of fruitful directions, and I’ve included links in the show notes to everything we discussed, in case you’d like to explore further.
Also, for the first time on the Spirit Sisters podcast, I’ve included a musical interlude! Ash kindly contributed one of his beautiful songs, called “I’m moving on,” featuring Naomi Connell. Music is such a big piece of Ash’s life, so this seems another meaningful way for Ash to share his story – and his heart – with us all on the show today. Listen out for the song around halfway through our conversation, and I invite you to pay close attention to the lyrics. There might be a shining jewel of an invitation there for you.
Connect with Ash (and learn more about his music and coaching) at his website: https://ashperrow.com/
Connect with Ash on Facebook
Connect with Ash on Instagram
Referenced in our conversation:
- here is the video where Ash describes in detail the after-effects of his NDE
- Click here to read or listen to the poem The Guest House, by Rumi
- Learn more about the late author/spiritual teacher Wayne Dyer here
- Read about Anita Moorjani’s near-death experience here
- Learn more about the Path of Love Retreat here
- Click here for information about the book How to Change Your Mind, by Michael Pollan
- Click here for more on the book The Immortality Key, by Brian C. Muraresku
- Listen to the late Mellen Thomas Benedict share the story of his NDE on the Coast to Coast radio show; or for a summary of his experience, click here.
Connect with Karina Machado at karinamachado.com
Buy the 10th anniversary edition of Spirit Sisters as a paperback at Booktopia.
Buy the e-book of the 10th anniversary edition of Spirit Sisters at Kobo.
Buy the audio book of the original Spirit Sisters (narrated by me) at Audible.
Connect with Karina on Facebook.
Connect with Karina on Instagram.
Theme music: Mysterious by MusicPond, from Audio Jungle
I acknowledge the Dharawal people who are the Traditional Custodians of the land of Sutherland Shire, in NSW, Australia, where I live and record Spirit Sisters, and I recognise their continuing connection to lands, waters and community. I pay respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures; and to Elders past, present and emerging.